Thursday, November 29, 2007

A this and that about the CNN/YouTube Republican Presidential Debate.

Aftet watching (some parts) of the Republican presidential debate, I can't pick out a winner. All I can say is that there was a lot of back and forth insults and whatnot. I did see somethings that I want to hit on, though.

I am disappointed with former NYC mayor Rudy Guliani's insults, most of which were directed at former MA governor Mitt Romney. I expect better from the former mayor and the crowd let him know about it.

Another topic that struck me was the use of torture. I approve the use of torture as a last resort to get crucial information out of imprisoned terrorists. Information that can save the lives of so many Americans. However, Senator John McCain (AZ) made very good points about not using torture. He was a prisoner of the North Vietnamese during the Vietnam War. McCain recalled the horrible experience and wouldn't want the same for the terrorists held. I can see his point, but given how far the terrorists will go to kill America, I have to disagree.

In the end, there was no winner in my opinion.

No comments: